Shikhar Dhawan world record in limited overs crickets

Indian Team Opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan said he could have hit a triple ton but was happy with his whirlwind 248 in the 39-run win over South Africa A that took India A to the tri-series final against Australia A. 

Dhawan fell 20 runs short of the world record List A (limited overs) score - England batsman Alistair Brown's 268 for Surrey vs Glamorgan at The Oval in 2002. But Dhawan 150-ball 248 was the highest run by an Indian following Virender Sehwag (219 n.o) and Sachin Tendulkar (200 n.o).

I was aware of the record and it felt really special to score these runs, Dhawan said.

When I got out in the 44th over it occurred to me that had I batted till the end I had a chance to score a triple hundred. I am happy with what I scored though. It did cross my mind that I joined Sachin and Sehwag in scoring a double century in a one-day International game," he said.

Dhawan enjoyed his innings against South Africa in their own backyard in a series that is a warm-up for India tour later this year I especially enjoyed it as it came against a South African side in their own backyard. They are very tough to play at home and they play good excellence cricket," Dhawan said.

The southpaw admitted that Sachin and Sehwag's double centuries were more important in the context. Those were 2 of the greatest innings in cricket record and they came at the international level. So, they are much bigger than my innings, Dhawan said.

This year, Dhawan has been in well form scoring 4 international centuries – one in Tests and 3 in ODIs. He was also the Man of the Series in the Champions Trophy that was won by India. I had scored 85 in the previous match (vs Australia A) and I wanted to score a big hundred for the team because our batsmen were all getting out in the 80s and 90s, he said.

A big century was necessary for setting an excellent total. Once I crossed 100, I was in a different flow. I thought my shot selection was brilliant and things went my way," he added.

This will remain one of my favorite’s matches because I scored 200 for the 1st time in a 50-over game. Unhappily it was not broadcast live on television but that's well because I loved batting, said Dhawan.

No comments:

Post a Comment